What types of tanks will the giant hygrophila seeds grow in?
This particular type of freshwater aquarium plant requires high sunlight and right water temperature conditions in order to thrive. The individual stem width ranges from 3-6 inches which make them perfect for medium and large tanks starting from 10 gallons. The green plant looks great in all types of freshwater fish tanks, from bettas and guppies to tetras and oscars.
How do I germinate these seeds?
The seeds can be put into water, mud, ceramsite and sand. Keep the grass moist and evenly distribute the seeds. After seed germination, slowly inject water into the fish tank, and maintain the temperature above 25°C. Soon you will see the stem growing roots throughout the substrate. The plant will benefit if you have a Co2 system installed in your tank. The lighting requirements for this plant are not too demanding. As long as you are providing them moderate sunlight, there shouldn’t be any problem. Since they are easy to propagate, you can reproduce them from the mother plants.
Does this plant spreads naturally?
These are best suited as a background or carpet plant in the aquarium due to their height, in medium aquariums they can even be used as a specimen plant and will give a great display. The bright green freshwater aquascaping temple plant quickly propagates and spreads to form a stunning uninterrupted carpet of lush, dense underwater beauty. You can spread the rich landscape by cutting off the stem of the plants and plant them individually. Simply cut the plant at the height that you desire, but leave room for growth, then strip the leaves off of about an inch of the stem, and plant into the gravel. In time, roots will form at the last node and will aid in keeping the plant in place.
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHTLY COLORED AQUATIC PLANT — Native to South-East Asia, the vibrant green giant hygrophila is commonly used in aquascaping for many reasons besides its natural beauty. The reasonable hardiness and stem reaching to 1.5-3 inches wide and 10-15 inches high make this live aquarium tropical plant perfect for freshwater aquariums especially large tanks.
- ✔ IMPROVES WATER COLOR AND QUALITY — All plants have the ability to convert carbon dioxide into much needed oxygen that fish and aquatic life require in order to survive. Plants also absorb CO2 and nitrates produced by fish waste creating a natural ecosystem and healthy habitat for your fish. The best thing about hygrophila is that it grows fast and helps keep aquarium water clean by removing nitrates, making it an ideal choice for the new aquarists.
- ✔ EXCITING, INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR AQUATIC PETS — This undemanding and extremely attractive giant hygrophila covers a large surface in just a short span of time creating a stunning, dynamic underwater environment. It is completely safe for betta, shrimp, mollies, guppies and other freshwater fish to play in.
- ✔ EASY TO GROW WITH MINIMAL MAINTENANCE — Once you receive your seeds, simply spread the seeds into the moist soil along the bottom of your freshwater aquarium. The plant requires moderate sunlight and thrives in 74°- 82°F water temperature having an alkalinity of 3 to 8 dKH and a pH of 6.5-7.5. Since this carpet plant grows quickly, it is recommended to trim it regularly and give it a high amount of sunlight to thrive.
- ✔ NATURALLY SPREADS ACROSS YOUR TANK — When they are young, they look like the most popular carpeting plants, and when they completely grow, they form dense, lush stem plants over the floor of your tank. The regular trimming will keep these plants flat onto the ground creating a lush and gorgeous aquascape for you and your visitors. To promote even quicker growth, simply remove a few leaves from the bottom 1″ to 2″ of the stem, and new root growth will form from the last node on the stem.