Requiring little attention while providing tons of color and texture to the home aquarium, the Red Flame is a great sword plant for beginners. Hardy and undemanding, its wide tall leaves add swaying movement and a lush backdrop to planted community tanks. Echinodorus Red Flame is a hybrid between Echinodorus schlueteri ‘Leopard’ and Echinodorus barthii. Red Flame is very similar in appearance to The Ozelot Sword, but with larger swatches of red running along its leaves compared to the leopard-like spots of the Ozelot. The Red Flame is a relatively easy plant to maintain, but grows rather large in the aquarium. Use this plant as a background in the smaller aquarium, and as a mid-ground focal point in the larger aquarium. Do not allow the leaves of this plant to shade neighboring plants. It requires a moderate level of light of 2 to 3 watts per gallon provided by full spectrum (5000-7000K) bulbs. Reproduction within this species is by adventitious plants, side shoots, and rhizome division. Simply allow the plant to reproduce by one of the above methods, and when the new plant forms its own leaves, separate and replant in another location of the aquarium. The Red Flame is sensitive to copper, so this type of medication should not be added to the aquarium where it is contained. Approximate Shipping Size: Bare Root 4″ to 6″
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F.
- You get 1 young Red Flame Sword. An easy live aquarium plant specie for any freshwater aquarium. PLEASE NOTE THE RED LEAVES WILL START COMING OUT ONCE ACCLIMATED TO YOUR AQUARIUM. THE PLANT LOOKS GREENER LIKE THE ONE ON PICTURE #2 WHEN SHIPPED.
- Make your fish tank look natural and beautiful. Perfect for mid-size and large aquarium
- Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
- Aquarium Plants Discounts Red Flame Sword Plant Guide included
There are no reviews yet.