Eleocharis montevidensis also know as Giant Hair grass is a terrific background plant that does well form Medium light to high light . This plant gets very tall so it is great at hiding those filters and heaters in your aquarium. You can cut the leaves to any size you would like as cutting the leaves does not hurt the plant. Potted plants are better to start with then “bunched” plants as they have their entire root system intact which makes them less likely to go in to shock when transplanted in your aquarium. Planting instructions Giant Hair Grass is a bottom feeder so only plant the roots , Not the plant itself (where the green starts) in your substrate. Planting this plant to deep can cause melting or yellowing of the plant. Adding fertilizer tabs a couple inches from the roots is suggested. Hardiness: easy Light Needs: Medium Growth Rate: Fast
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F.
- You are buying 1 potted plant. The leaves are approx. 15″ to 18″ tall at time of shipping. An easy aquarium plant specie for any freshwater aquarium
- Make your fish tank look natural and beautiful. Perfect for taller aquariums of any size as background plants
- Grown organically in the US without chemicals or pesticides. Safe for aquarium fish and invertebrates.
- Create a natural habitat in your aquarium for your fish and invertebrates