- Ideal substrate for freshwater aquariums, controls organic discoloration and keeps newborn shrimp safe
- Mineral rich volcanic soil does not discolor water
- Stimulates strong plant growth
- Provides newborn shrimp refuge from predators
- Helps plants and nitrifying bacteria flourish, and promotes neutral to mildly acidic pH
Fluval Stratum is the ideal substrate for stimulating the growth of aquatic plants in freshwater aquariums. Plant roots easily penetrate and spread throughout the substrate, allowing plants to obtain a variety of key, readily available nutrients that will make them flourish. The addition of FLUVAL PLANT MICRO NUTRIENTS will ensure a full complement of essential macro and micro nutrients. The substrate’s light, non-compacting, porous structure is also highly beneficial to nitrifying bacteria, which rapidly colonize the vast porous surface, providing optimal water quality for plants. Fluval Stratum’s inherent properties will help support a neutral to slightly acidic pH, ideal for most plant species and species of tropical fish or shrimp normally kept in planted aquariums. Fluval Stratum also provides new born shrimp with the ideal refuge, allowing them to escape predation until they are large enough to emerge. This highly attractive substrate will not discolor water and helps control organic discoloration usually present when natural driftwood is used.