- Ideal substrate for freshwater aquariums, controls organic discoloration and keeps newborn shrimp safe
- Mineral rich volcanic soil does not discolor water
- Stimulates strong plant growth
- Provides newborn shrimp refuge from predators
- Helps plants and nitrifying bacteria flourish, and promotes neutral to mildly acidic pH
Fluval Stratum is the ideal substrate for stimulating the growth of aquatic plants in freshwater aquariums. Plant roots easily penetrate and spread throughout the substrate, allowing plants to obtain a variety of key, readily available nutrients that will make them flourish.