- It is designed for the measurement of seawater (marine aquaria) or very low concentrated salt solutions.
- Ideal for testing and monitoring aquariums,fish tank, saltwater pool,seawater…
- Features automatic temperature compensation (ATC) and Dual Scale: Specific Gravity & Salt Percent.
- Easy to Use – Just need 2-3 drops of solution, you can get accurate readings. And no battery needed.
- Includes: a firm plastic case, a refractometer ,a cleaning cloth, a screw driver, an operating instructions, 3 suction tube.
It features high-quality optics with ultra smooth focusing. Its main body is made of aluminum alloy. The internal optical lens with high refractive index make up the precision optical system.
Dual scale:One is specific gravity, range: 1.000-1.070 g/cm3, resolution: 0.001 g/cm3. Another is salt percent, range: 0-100 ppt ( or say parts per thousand), resolution: 1 ppt.
The usual salinity of selected aqueous solutions
Fresh water————– Brackish water————–0.5 to 30 ppt
Saline water————–30 to 50 ppt
*Salinity 36 ppt means that there are 36 grams of salt in 1 liter aqueous solution.*
1.Accurate measurement based on good calibration, please calibrate the refractometer before your first use. But you don’t have to calibrate it frequently, once every a few months is OK.
2.When you put your sample to be tested on the daylight plate, make sure the liquid spreads across the entire surface of the prism without air bubbles or dry spots.
3.Clean the instrument with a soft cloth after each use, keep the refractometer dry and clean, which will keep the instrument accurate and durable. Do not put the entire instrument into water to wash, this may lead the
refractometer to be foggy or rusty inside.
Warranty:Full 12 Month Replacement Warranty & Any Questions Will be Answered within 24 Hours.